Saturday, October 4, 2008

Finally the project is done.

The day started like this:



Defeat. After doing our standard warm-ups I convinced Bryan and Brad to spot me on a project that has hung over me since last semester. Eric O. from fredricksburg, sent the problem quickly in the spring when i showed it to him, but the sloper on the break in the right arete continued to shut me down (probably 15 times).

The first go of the day was no different. I established on the sloper, better than any other attempt, but flew off making the last hard move. The picture above was taken just after the defeat.

But on the second try, I stuck the move off the sloper and it was done. Thanks Lindsey, Bryan, Brad, Joel, Duke, Tyler for all the spotting on the last few trips.

Brad sent several climbs today (including Tall Cool Blue One) and worked Mission Impossible (pictured below):



Bryan came within two moves of topping out Burlfest. He refined his beta and the change made all the difference. I'm sure he'll send the next time we go out.

At the end of the day i spent some time on the new low start to the problem i worked last time. I've now done every move, and its only a matter of linking it. Pictured below:



More pictures from the day to come, including Bryan working Burlfest. Thanks for the pictures Brad.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

After the tragedy of my phone and camera taking a swim last trip, I am now ready to return to Brownwood and send every one of my projects! Next week we are going. Love you rock climber!