Friday, October 31, 2008

Brownwood Weekend

Updates are in order...

Last Friday, Lindsey and I made a quick trip Brownwood to give my project on the Texas boulder a few attempts. It was a cold morning, and after we warmed up on Tall Cool Blue One I jumped on the project. On the first attempt i fell making the large stretch into Texas Toast. I rested for a few minutes, got back on, and sent Texas Torture.

Here are a few pictures taken by Bryan on Sunday of me pulling past the crux on Texas Torture, and linking into Texas Toast:



Texas Torture is the hardest problem I have climbed, and is certainly one of the most difficult at Brownwood. After, sending my project, Lindsey and I set about clearing out the trails, and clearing cacti from the top-outs of two new projects.

We also checked out Scott's Problem, put up by Scott C. from Camp Eagle two years ago. I tried the problem two years ago, but haven't put any effort towards it, as the landing has been covered in poisin ivey and vines since then. Lindsey and I cleaned it all out and planned to head back on Sunday.

Sunday:

Bday and I took Brian C. and Jason, from the other side of town, out to Brownwood for their first trip.

Brian C. dispatched several problems including Mission Impossible, Slap That, Tall Cool Blue One, and Panzy Fest. He also worked on Burlfest and linked into the sidepull, but fell going for one of the higher slopers. Here he is topping out Panzy Fest:


BDay came heartbreakingly close on Burlfest. Sunday was definitely his best day on the problem, and he fell twice on the last slopers. He will surely send next time he goes out.

BDay is getting strong right now, doing the moves on Texas Toothpick easily Sunday. I tried to make him attempt Jagged Edge...but to no avail. Here he is on Burlfest:


At the end of the day, Brian C. and I went to Scott's Problem with its new and improved landing area. On my first go i fell off brutal sloper mantel. Brian C. helped me to work out some new beta and I sent quickly after. Scott's Problem is one of the best at Brownwood; pictured below:



I also cleaned the arete on the right side of the Texas boulder, and established a new problem--unamed as of yet...but the moves are great and it needs to be repeated.
Today--Tom, Scott, Duke and I climbed at Reimer's. More updates to come soon.

3 comments:

Lonely Paul said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Is Scott's problem that one that the three of us did the weekend of adopt-a-crag where Sarah was taking photos?

eric said...

Yea man, thats the one. If i remember correctly, you had a pretty quick second ascent. The top out isn't as rough as it was with the new beta, but i imagine the problem is still as difficult-- just not as slopey. COME OUT HERE MAN!