Saturday, October 18, 2008

Back to Back...Brownwood

After bouldering at Mckinney on Friday (see below), my finger tips were pretty sore. But, alas, Dustin and Brad talked me into going to Brownwood today. Given the choice between not climbing (watching climbing videos) and climbing, i'll generaly choose climbing (although there are some good videos...).

This was Dustin's first time at Brownwood, and he styled several climbs including this tall warm-up.



Lindsey, the most dedicated rock-climbing girlfriend around, went with us even after waking up early to do a breast cancer 5k. She repeated some easy ones she has done before, and took the climbing day easy. Here she is on the same warm-up.



Brad had a strong day, sending Mission Impossible and falling off the last move of Slap That. After being thwarted by Mission Impossible on the last trip, Brad sent first try today.



I vowed I wouldn't get on my project today--committing the day to moderate climbs. But when we walked by I couldn't resist hopping on it a few times. I linked through the first crux three times today, and fell each time heading out to the best crimp on the route. I'm excited about the progress, but my finger tips are officially devastated.

I'll leave you with this picture of Brad.



Enough said.

No comments: