Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A trip like old...and Bryan sending Burlfest


On Saturday, Bryan and I drove down to Brownwood just like old times. Byran and I met through climbing, and its always good to catch up while doing the thing we enjoy most. The temperature was perfect--cold, and Bryan was determined to finish off his long-term project Burlfest.



He worked the top out and locked down beta that would work for him, and then went for his first burn linking through all of the moves but falling off the last jug.



We both knew the send was immenent, and sure enough he sent on his second try. Bryan has worked Burlfest since last semester, and when the moves finally came together for him, it was one of the best Brownwood moments I've been a part of. We celebrated with honey roasted peanuts. Well done Bryan.




After the send we explored some boulders that we hadn't paid much attention to before. The lake is down and several boulders typically guarded by water are revealing some potential lines. There is work to be done.

I sent Scott's Problem last time, and its one of my new favorites at Brownwood. Bryan was eager to try it so we spent the rest of our time there, taking pictures and climbing it over and over. Bryan will surely link Scott's Problem next time.




Bryan on Scott's Problem's most devious sloper:




I also worked a new project just left of Scott's Problem, that's going to be hard. I'm anxious to get back on it. Here I am about to dyno to a bad sloper on the project.



All in all, a good day.

No comments: