Thursday, November 11, 2010

Great Weekend Part 1: Adopt-A-Crag

The Adopt-A-Crag went great. Folks from Go-to-Willies, Solid Rock, ACU Outdoor Club, Keep Brownwood Beautiful, and of course Rock Addiction showed up to put some work in and do some good climbing. Ben hauled off a whole truck-bed full of trash collected from the lakeside. We cleared out the trails, and then we climbed.

Unfortunately I didn't remember my camera. In fact, nobody in my car of 4 remembered a camera. So I took this photo from my good buddy Colter's Blog. Colter just went on the road trip of a life time (take a look at his blog to read all about it) and he happened to be swinging through Abilene the weekend of the clean-up. Colter is a great friend, and I miss his companionship here in Abilene. Great to see you Colter!



The clean-up was a great success. I need to give another shout-out to Ben and Mary for their tireless work out at the lake. Ya'll are my heroes. Thanks for everything you do.

Look forward to a "Part 2" posting from that weekend...a trip to Fredricksburg and some Erock bouldering. Stay tuned.



2 comments:

Caleb said...

Glad to see your still rocking the cleanup efforts. Maybe one day Ill make it out to Brownwood for some climbing

colt 45 said...

Eric, thanks for the publicity. It also gives me some incentive to write, which is strangely difficult at times. That day with the Outdoor Club, Ben and Mary, and Team Gentry filled me up to bursting will joy and excitement. I couldn't then and still can't now put into words how thankful I was that it happened.