Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Camp Eagle weekend



Ben, Mary, Lindsey and I went down to Camp Eagle for the weekend and had a great time.



Camp Eagle is a Christian adventure camp near Rocksprings, TX. It has to be one of the most impressive places in Texas, with rolling hills, rocky trails, a clear river...and huge cliffs.



We climbed all weekend on what are probably some of the longer limestone routes in Texas. After months of bouldering, my endurance is severely lacking. I'd say everyone in our party felt similarly.


But we did meet up with Scott, who works full-time out at camp, and he quickly dominated (and hung the draws for me) on several routes. Scott's climbing pretty hard these days. Sidenote: Scott's Problem at Brownwood owes its name and first ascent to this Scott.



The potential for route development at Camp Eagle is overwhelming. Ben and I are already conspiring plans to get back and sink some bolts.

All in all, it was one of the best weekends we've had in a long time. I would highly recommend Camp Eagle to anyone wanting to get on long routes in a impressive setting with great people.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw Scott's pics of you online. Nicely done.